Alpine Wyoming Car Show (and/or Bear Lake Raspberry Shake) Drive
August 17, 18, 19, 2019 By: Valerie Francis
Last chance to join us! Update on an alternative way and date home for those going on, or interested in joining this drive:
Rather than driving straight over to Idaho Falls after the car show, spending the night and driving home the next day, at least one couple (Lou & Carol Lynn V.) has set up the following:
Staying in St. Anthony on Saturday night the 17th at the Henrys Fork Inn (208-624-3711). Then on Sunday morning will be heading up to Mesa Falls for a visit. After the falls going up to Island Park and possibly over to Dubois. Then working our way back to Rexburg, staying Sunday night at the Super 8 in Rexburg (208-881-9772). Maybe even checking out the Potato Museum in Blackfoot ID when driving home Monday.
Everyone is welcome to join this extended day/route or to find your way home on Sunday. The alternate route information has been added below.
Please join us on a scenic drive to Alpine Wyoming to visit a car show put on by the Idaho Hot Rod Association. Following is the information so you can add this to your calendars.
· 9:00 am meet at I-84 (Weber Canyon) rest stop just before the Mt. Green exit, drive Trappers Loop and up Monte Cristo Canyon, then to Bear Lake
· Garden City/Bear Lake for lunch and raspberry shakes; For day trip—head home via Logan Canyon. We will be spending about 1 hour for lunch before heading on to Alpine.
· For overnight trip—head to Alpine WY Car show via Hwy 89, arriving by 3:00
· Idaho Falls about 6:30 PM. Hotel Best Western Driftwood Inn (575 River Pkwy, Idaho Falls, 208-523-2242)
· Alternate hotel: St. Anthony, Henry’s Fork Inn (115 S Bridge St, phone 208-624-3711)
August 18th Option 1: Return via several options listed below;
· Jackson WY then return the way we came up, or Jackson WY down Hwy 189 through Kemmerer and Evanston, or straight down the freeway with stops along the way.
· Alternate – north to Mesa Falls then home
August 18th Option 2:
· From St. Anthony drive to Mesa Falls, Island Park, Dubois, end in Rexburg.
· Stay at Rexburg Super 8 (Hwy. 20 & Hwy. 33 Exit 333, phone 208-881-9772)
August 19th: Return to SLC