ARCHES NATIONAL PARK RIDE – MIATAS IN MOAB
This is a Self-Guided Drive: Leave early for less traffic congestion
1. West from Red Cliffs Lodge on State Road 128 for approx.14 miles. (towards Moab)
2. Turn North on US 191 for approx. 8 miles.
3. Turn right on the Arches National Park entrance road.
4. Pay the Park Entrance Fee, $10 fee per vehicle (good for 7 days), or use a Senior Pass.
5. Visitors Center Parking Lot. This is worth seeing and shows you areas in the park.
6. North into the Park. This is a driving tour. Enjoy several pull-off areas to view sights.
7. After viewing Balanced Rock take next left and follow road to Double Arch (photo above).
8. Further down main road is turn-off to Delicate Arch. Walk 100 yards to view Arch or hike.
9. Return to Red Cliffs Lodge, Allow 3 1/2 - 4 Hours for this drive.
About Arches National Park:
Arches National Park preserves over 2,000 natural sandstone arches, like Double Arch (above), the world-famous Delicate Arch, as well as many other unusual rock formations. In some areas, the forces of nature have exposed millions of years of geologic history. The extraordinary features of the park create a landscape of contrasting colors, land forms and textures that is unlike any other in the world. The forces of nature have acted in concert to create the landscape of Arches, which contains the greatest density of natural arches in the world. Throughout the park, rock layers reveal millions of years of deposition, erosion and other geologic events.