Miatas in Moab VI Suggested Drives
(Mileage specifications & approximate time to do the drive)
1. Arches National Park: 5.3 mi. north on US 191 to park entrance on right.
2. Canyonlands National Park: (32 mi., 45 min.), 11.2 mi. north on US 191 to UT 313, turn left & go 14.6 mi. to intersection, continue straight at intersection, go ~5 mi. to park entrance.
3. Dead Horse Point State Park: (32 mi, 45 min.), 11.2 mi. north on US 191 to UT 313, turn left & go 14.6 mi. to intersection, turn left to stay on UT 313, and go 5.3 mi. to park entrance.
4. Newspaper Rock State Historical Monument: (52 mi., 1 hr.), 40 mi. south on US 191 to UT 211, turn left & go 12 mi. to park.
5. Hwy 128 River Road to Cisco Bridge: (35 mi., 1 hr.), 2.7 mi. north on US 191 to UT 128 just before river bridge turn right & go ~30 mi. to parking lot on left side of road just before bridge, park and walk to bridge.
6. La Sal Mountain Loop Road: (38 mi. 90 minutes, plus 45 minutes to return to Red Cliffs, 2 1/2 hrs total) Left from Red Cliffs Lodge, on Hwy 128 go right at 1.4 mi. onto Castle Valley Rd, turn right at 11.9 mi. onto La Sal Mt Loop Rd, at 37 mi. turn left onto Old Airport Rd, at 37.5 turn right onto Hwy 191, head back into Moab and back to Red Cliffs.
7. Needles Overlook: (50 mi., 80 min.), go ~30 mi. south on US 191, turn left on Needles Overlook Rd. & go ~18 mi., turn left to stay on Needles Overlook Rd., go ~6 mi. to Needles Overlook.
8. Castle Valley: (23 mi., 45 min.), go 2.7 mi. North on US 191 to UT 128 just before river bridges, turn right & go 15.5 mi. on La Sal Mountain Loop Rd., turn right on Castle Valley Dr.
9. Hwy 279 Potash Road: go 4.3 mi. north on US 191, turn left on UT 279, continue downriver as far as you like or until the pavement ends. Look for petroglyphs.
10. National Bridges National Monument: (120 mi., 2 hrs 20 min.), go 73.5 mi. south on US 191 to Blanding, turn left to stay on US 191, go 4 mi. & turn right on UT 95, go 30 mi. & turn right on UT 275, continue to entrance.
Notice: All Fees to State and National Park must be paid by Attendee.